What is a Capsule Wardrobe?
As a Personal Stylist I’m often asked what are the key essentials for a capsule wardrobe. It’s one of the buzzwords everyone is talking about right now.
A capsule wardrobe is a well-planned cluster of key garments and accessories that make wardrobe planning a breeze.
Personal Stylist’s Hero Essentials
I believe in beautifully tailored garments that work double duty. That means you only buy garments you can wear several ways. Like a pair of dark denim jeans that can be dressed up or down or, anywhere in between.
Your autumn wardrobe isn’t complete without these little beauties:
- Dark denim slim fit jeans are the staple that works always.
- The quintessential jacket that fits perfectly and looks good day or night. Choose what works for you.
- Classic blazer, leather or denim jacket or the on trend puffer.
- A super soft cashmere or merino knit in a neutral that works with everything.
- Long Sleeve Tee or Shirt that is perfect on its own or under your knit or jacket. Striped Breton tee, chambray or check shirt.
- Long Sleeve Blouse or Shirt that will work for work or evening.
- Girls try a white shirt with individual detailing, silk blouse or sheer paneled top.
- Guys look at striped, classic white or a pale pink shirt.
- The iconic trench is timeless and is your go to coat.
- Girls for a fashion forward look go for khaki, pale pink silk or oxblood.
- Guys stick to classics like navy, camel or black.
- A LBD or a dress in a colour that flatters you and can go from weekends (with boots and cardi) to work with heels and jacket) or dinner with sparkling jewellery.
- The figure flattering pencil skirt, knee length of course.
- A classic white or ivory shirt with individual detailing that will set you apart.
- A pair of slim cut black pants are appropriate for anytime, just change your shoes.
- A pair of chinos that team with everything and look great in summer or winter.
- Tailored trousers that are slim cut and current in style.
- A striped shirt to wear with jeans, chinos or the trousers.
Ideally your wardrobe is built on foundation garments you can build many outfits from by adding other garments and accessories. Then you can incorporate colours, texture and personality with jewellery, scarves and shoes and handbags to express your personality.
Your wardrobe should fill you with the strength of your individual purpose and confidence.
References for Images: Jane Daniels – Kira Black Dress in Moire Stretch.
Style Visionary – so you can be the best version of you
1 0f 5 Internationally Certified Image Professionals in Australia